But this is much more than just an average eWeLink smart switch: Woolley's WiFi light switch is a real special one, as the radar motion sensor built behind the touch panel detects even the slightest movement, and based on the detected motion it can turn on or off the lamp (or other electric device) and/or send an alarm to the smartphone. As a very close relative of the Sonoff brand, Woolley, uses the eWeLink app and cloud platform, so Woolley products can be used with the eWeLink app together with Sonoff, SmartWise and KingArt smart switches.
This is a 1-gang version with a white glass touch panel (without a frame), just as Sonoff TX T1 series.
It is equipped with an elegant, frameless white glass front panel with a touch switch on it. Thanks to its built-in WiFi chip, the eWeLink app running on an iOS (Apple) or Android mobile phone with an Internet connection allows you to remotely control the on / off of the light switch and set a timed on / off. With the help of the touch switch, we can of course switch the lights on the wall, just as we would with a traditional switch. Remote access can be shared with family members. You can program a timed on or off to make the outside world believe you are at home, so as a home presence simulation.
Woolley Wi-Fi smart switch does not include an RF receiver, so it cannot be paired with RF wireless switches.
There are 4 modes of operations available, which you can set in the eWeLink app:
- Motion detector off, when the radar motion detector switch acts as a usual WiFi smart switch, similar to the Sonoff TX T1 EU, with no switched based on motion detection;
- Motion detection mode: the switch switches on when motion is detected, and switches off if no motion is detected after a specified time. This is a fully automatic mode, e.g. recommended for offices, traffic corridors, or places where the switch is inside the room;
- Energy saving mode: in this case, the switch-on is not automatic, but if the switch gets manually switched on, and no movement is detected for the time specified in the settings, it get switched off. So this is an energy-saving mode that should be turned on on any switch where the switch is inside the room so that it can detect motion in the room;
- Push alert mode: it's an alarm mode: the radar motion detector does not turn the switch off or on, it only sends an alert to the eWeLink app (to the smartphone) about the detected motion. The switch acts as a hidden motion sensor in this mode.
Like the Sonoff TX switches, Woolley switch with radar motion sensor switch can be switched to either momentary or toggle switching mode or set to auto-off (also called as inching).
Just as in the Sonoff TX switch series, the 2-gang and 3-gang switch versions can be set in the app to a so-called interlock mode, in which one circuit is switched off when the other circuits are switched. (In Interlock mode, timing features are not yet available in the eWeLink app.)
- Touch switch - touch switch and WiFi activity LED on glass front
- EU standard dimension: 86x86mm front panel meets EU standard, 34mm depth.
- Built-in radar motion sensor behind the glass front of the touch switch, super sensitive, detects the smallest moves and changes. Can trigger switch on and off, switch off, or eWeLink app alert. Radar detector's range is 6-8 meters, with 160 degrees angle or view.
- Remote ON / OFF – Anytime, anywhere, from now on you can turn all lights on and off remotely
- Mobil App support – Free iOS and Android mobil App: eWeLink
- Sync status – Check actual switch status (turned ON or OFF) with the mobile App
- Timer – Various of timer functions: single time, scheduled turn on/off, countdown/timer, loop.
- Share control – Control the device together with your family
- Grouping – Turn ON / OFF a gang of devices with one tap
- Smart scene – Triggered on/off by temp, hum or other environmental conditions from the sensor
- Compatibility - Works perfectly with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, IFTTT and Google Nest
- Important: live and neutral wire are both required for this smart switch.